Sunday, 29 May 2011

When did you last check the condition and safety of your plugs,

...sockets and flexes?

Damaged plugs, sockets and flexible cables can cause electric shocks,
burns and fires. Follow these simple rules to avoid problems.
• Remove plugs from sockets carefully. Pulling out a plug by the
cable puts a strain on it, and could damage the contact between
the plug and the socket. This could result in the plug overheating,
its wires becoming loose or an electric shock (if the earth wire is
• Check the plug and socket for burn marks, sounds of ‘arcing’
(buzzing or crackling), fuses blowing, circuit-breakers tripping or if
it feels hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment