- Check your smoke alarm every week. Push the button, not your luck!
- Give your smoke alarm a birthday
- Change your battery every year on a date that you can remember easily, like your birthday.
- Change your smoke alarm every 10 years. Like most electrical goods they can stop working at some point, it is better to change them before they stop working
- Have at least one smoke alarm on each level of your home. These need to be in the hallways as they are your escape routes.
- If you wear a hearing aid, can you hear the alarms when you are not wearing the hearing aid, e.g At night.
Ring us about advice on specialist smoke alarms.