Thursday, 9 February 2012

Fire safety

Around half of all accidental house fires in the UK in 2010/11 were caused by faulty or misused electrical equipment. A common winter cause is overloaded sockets.
During 2011 Dorset Fire and Rescue Service alone attended over 220 accidental fires in the home, with an electrical cause.

“Electrical equipment is an inescapable part of all our lives, from essentials like heating and lights to luxuries like entertainment systems or beauty products.

We recommend that you follow our top 5 simple electrical safety tips
• Don’t overload plug sockets
• Regularly check for worn or frayed wires
• Unplug appliances when not in use
• Keep appliances clean and in good working order
• Consider using an RCD – Residual Current Device - which works like a circuit breaker to protect against electric shocks and reduces the risk of electrical fires

stay safe

No comments:

Post a Comment