Monday, 20 February 2012

Woo Hoo national chip week...

Keep safe in the kitchen, warns fire service at the start of National Chip Week

NATIONAL Chip Week begins today and Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service is issuing some tips to help people cook safely in their homes.

More than half of house fires in the county start in the kitchen and most of them are caused by cooking. It is likely to be a busy week in the kitchen as it’s also Pancake Day on 21st February.

The kitchen is the most dangerous room in your home - but Gloucestershire Fire & Rescue Service is keen to change that.

Although smoke detectors undoubtedly save lives, they don’t prevent a fire occurring in the first place. Homeowners need to take the necessary precautions and actions to minimise the risk of a fire occurring.
It’s important to: Keep the oven, hob and grill clean and in good working order because a build-up of fat and grease can start a fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment