we have just had a rep in claiming the river has burst its banks near his home so here are some tips...
With forecasters predicting that April’s below-average temperatures and torrential rain are set to continue into May, homes across the UK face the risk of flooding. The Electrical Safety Council has put together five essential advice points for anybody dealing with flood damage to their homes.
- Do not touch any sources of electricity – such as switches or appliances – when you are standing in flood water
- If your electricity supply is not already turned off, contact your suppliers for help and advice.
- Do not attempt any electrical repairs or connection of temporary supplies yourself – always use a registered electrician after contacting your supplier.
- Don’t turn your gas and electricity back on until your providers say that it is safe to do so.
- Get an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) done on your home by a registered electrician. This report will check the condition of the electrical wiring in your property.