Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Electricity caused four fires a week

Faulty electrical installations and appliances accounted for four house fires a week in Essex last year, according to the fire service.

Between December 2012 and December 2013, Essex County Fire and Rescue Service say there were 210 electrical fires in the county and six people were hospitalised by injuries caused in these fires.

Most of these fires started in the kitchen and were either caused by faulty wiring or faulty kitchen appliances.

Alarmingly more than a quarter of these fires occurred in homes with no working smoke alarms to alert residents to the peril they were in.

REALLY - with the cost of a smoke alarm, there is NO excuse. its just LAZY

GET SMOKE ALARMS NOW! and while your at it, get the right ones... Ion smoke go off when you burn the toast so get the right advice...

No comments:

Post a Comment