Jane's daughter was electrocuted in her rented home. Six years on and there is still no law in place to protect tenants like her daughter. Jane supports our campaign to introduce mandatory five yearly checks on the electrics in rented homes.
Six years ago Jane's daughter Thirza moved to Cornwall to start an exciting new life with her husband and their two young children. Five months later she was found dead in the bath by her five year old daughter, electrocuted due to faulty wiring in the family's rented home, wiring that had not been checked for years.
Jane supports Electrical Safety First's campaign for a change in the law to introduce mandatory five yearly checks on the electrics in rented homes. This simple piece of legislation will save lives.
found at - http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/real-life-stories/jane-andains-story/