Wednesday, 29 October 2014

Landlord fined over dangerous property

Leicester City Council has successfully prosecuted a landlord for a series of offences relating to an unlicensed property.

Stephen Raynes was ordered to pay over £10,000 in costs and fines by Leicester Magistrates Court.

An environmental health officer visited the three-storey property after a tenant complained to the council about a damp problem in one of the bedsits.

The inspection of the building found that the fire detection and alarm system had been tampered with and was not working.

Other issues identified by the inspection included mould, a broken extractor fan, a damaged wall heater socket. The property wasn't licensed as a House in Multiple Occupation ( HMO ).

Rayns was ordered to pay £6,000 for failing the register the property as a HMO , and a further £1,000 for the faulty fire alarm system. He was fined £1000 for a further four offences.

found at http://www.fia.uk.com/en/information/details/index.cfm/landlord-fined-over-dangerous-property

No comments:

Post a comment