Tuesday, 25 January 2011

What responsibilities do I have if I rent my home?

If you rent your home, you should:
·        watch out for danger signs when using appliances:
·              frayed, cut or damaged leads.
·              Cracked or damaged cases on plugs or appliances.
·              Burn marks on plugs, leads or appliances.
·              Blowing fuses.
·              Loose cord grips in plugs or appliances.
  • ensure all electrical appliances are used responsibly and in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
  • do not attempt to extend, repair or replace damaged or worn-out parts of the electrical installation yourself.
  • report any problems with the electrical installation or appliances to your landlord straight away.
  • allow access to the property if your landlord and/or an electrician need to visit to carry out an inspection of the electrical installation or fix any reported problem. Your landlord should give you 24 hours notice before coming round.
The safety of appliances you bring into your accommodation is your responsibility. If you are in any doubt as to the safety of an appliance, get it tested or replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment