· watch out for danger signs when using appliances:
· frayed, cut or damaged leads.
· Cracked or damaged cases on plugs or appliances.
· Burn marks on plugs, leads or appliances.
· Blowing fuses.
· Loose cord grips in plugs or appliances.
- ensure all electrical appliances are used responsibly and in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- do not attempt to extend, repair or replace damaged or worn-out parts of the electrical installation yourself.
- report any problems with the electrical installation or appliances to your landlord straight away.
- allow access to the property if your landlord and/or an electrician need to visit to carry out an inspection of the electrical installation or fix any reported problem. Your landlord should give you 24 hours notice before coming round.