Friday, 25 January 2013

New Fuse box!!!

Ask a registered electrician to install a modern consumer unit, which includes RCD protection. Installation costs will vary, but it’s not as expensive as you might think to achieve peace of mind.

We recommend that you get advice from a registered electrician

  1. In the meantime, buy a plug-in RCD adaptor to use in any socket in your home – they’re affordable (around £10) and available from your local DIY store or garden centre.
  2. Visit the ESC’s website for free advice about using your installation and electrical products safely.
  3. Identify potential dangers in your home by doing your own visual check regularly. It’s easy with our free App which can be downloaded at: The App explains how to resolve simple, non-technical problems and helps you to identify when it’s best to call in a professional.
  4. Ask a registered electrician to carry out an Electrical Installation Condition Report – at least every ten years
For more information visit

No comments:

Post a Comment