Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Killed by hair straighteners... it could be you (unless you are bald)

Warning after hair straighteners left turned on set fire to flat

D A Woolgar are reminding people to turn off hair straighteners when not in use following a flat fire.
Two women had a lucky escape from the blaze

The fire started due to hair straighteners being left switched on next to clothing, which subsequently caught fire.

The female occupants managed to get out of the flat after being alerted by a smoke alarm, and were treated for smoke inhalation.

Residents in the adjacent flats also had to be evacuated for their own safety.

We urge people to make sure they have turned off all electrical appliances when they have finished using them and before leaving the house.

Electrical items, such as hair straighteners, irons or heaters, should not be placed near to combustible items which are likely to overheat and catch fire.

We would also advise people not to use such appliances when they are under the influence of alcohol as it is very easy to forget that they are switched on, or they may even fall asleep. also drunk straightening can end up in 'bad hair'

also another timely reminder - check your smoke alarm

vanity can kill you... and bald ppl live longer

No comments:

Post a Comment