I know we kep banging on about thism but it may save a life...
make sure you switch off and unplug appliances that are not in use, such as kettles and washing machines,
only putting one plug in a socket, using the correct fuse to prevent overheating and replacing old and frayed cables.
keep combustible materials away from incoming mains supplies and gas hobs,
keep electrical appliances clean and dust free and keeping heaters away from curtains and furniture.
Electric blankets should be unplugged before residents go to bed
using a residual current device to protect against electric shocks and reduce the risk of electrical fires.
Last year 265 house fires were caused by faulty or misused electrical equipment.
Fire in the home can be devastating, but it is nearly always preventable. It is really important that people check their electrics are working properly and in good working order.