Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Electrical socket blamed for explosion in Fulham

An OVERLOADED electrical socket is believed to have caused the fire and explosion in a Fulham flat which forced residents from their homes and resulted in traffic disruption for more than a week.

The blast happened above the SophistoCat furniture shop in Wandsworth Bridge Road, causing bricks and concrete to scatter inches from a busy bus stop.

The force of the explosion, which firefighters confirmed was due to an electrical problem, caused the building to become structurally unsafe, forcing the shop to stop trading and residents from their homes.

Engineers have been working on making the building safe, reinforcing it with concrete boulders and scaffolding. The section of road near the building was closed off, with temporary traffic lights put in place to manage vehicle flow.

safety testing?

1 comment:

  1. A professional Electrician Fulham always gives a good services to our clients.

    ReplyDelete