Thursday, 27 February 2014

Bristol landlord where man died in fire Just Escapes Prison

THE landlord of a house where a man died following a fire has received a suspended prison sentence.
Ashiq Mohammed Sadiq, 54, from Eastville, admitted breaching four fire safety laws at the premises on Stapleton Road in December, 2011.

Two people escaped from the with burns and smoke inhalation, however Jaroslav Bily, 54, died as a result of the injuries he sustained.

After carrying out an investigation, Avon Fire and Rescue Service brought the charges against Sadiq.
He had breached the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 by failing to complete a fire risk assessment; failed to ensure that the premises were equipped with fire detectors and alarms and that the exit route was adequately protected.

There was no self-closing fire door to the kitchen and combustible materials were stored against unprotected electrical wiring in the escape route.

No comments:

Post a Comment