In general, inspection (and testing if included) involves the following.
• Collecting information for the condition report.
• Gaining access to various parts of the electrical installation in the home (including, where appropriate,
areas such as the loft), and buildings outside, such as the garage and shed.
• Gaining access to any earthing or bonding safety clamps. These clamps may be fitted to the water and
gas pipes (where they enter the property). In general, green or green and yellow cables connect between the clamps and electrical equipment, such as the consumer unit (fuse box). For more information see our leaflet
• Removing and replacing covers from a sample of accessories, such as light switches and sockets.
• Removing and replacing the cover of the consumer unit (fuse box)