Sunday, 18 May 2014

Faulty charger likely cause of fire disaster

Don't buy “cheap, unbranded” electrical chargers its just not worth it!

how much is your life worth? £20, because that's the difference between crappy market import and a genuine branded product that will last for years.

After an investigation revealed a blaze in Sheffield that killed five members of the same family was most likely caused by one of the devices developing a fault.

Shabina Begum, 53, died along with her three grandchildren – Adyan Parwaiz Kayani, nine, Amaan Parwaiz Kayani, seven, and their nine-week-old sister Minahil – in the fire a fortnight ago.
Mrs Begum’s daughter, Anum Parwaiz, 20, the children’s aunt, also died in the fire at the family home in Wake Road, in the Nether Edge area of the city.

It is not known what type or brand of charger caused the fire.

Check out how to use the devices in order to help prevent electrical fires.

They include not overloading sockets, adding that long, strip adaptors are safest but that they can only take a total of 13 amperes of electric current.

Don’t buy cheap, unbranded chargers and make sure chargers are compatible to the device you are using. - it really is that simple. we even have a genuine Apple charger go bang in our office, but its mad of the 'right' type of plastics so one pop and it was dead, but NO fire.

Don’t leave things to charge overnight or beyond the recommended charging time. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Keep electrical items away from flammable materials when charging.

have an escape plan in the event of a blaze and installing a working, and regularly tested, smoke alarm on every level of your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment